Our Alcohol Beverage Licensing and Hospitality Law practice team helps businesses navigate New York State’s complex process for securing liquor licenses, identifying potential issues and addressing them to limit the potential for costly delays or fines.
Our firm’s clients include restaurants, bars, hotels, caterers, sports arenas, manufacturers, cruise lines, liquor stores, airlines, wholesalers and a range of other businesses for which liquor sales are an essential part of the customer experience.
SRC attorneys and professionals are dedicated to your success by delivering responsive service and measurable results. We are problem solvers who work together with our clients to find the best possible method to resolve their matter – whether it be through negotiation, litigation or when all else fails, changing the rules through legislative or regulatory action.
Our services include:
- Developing liquor permit applications, including temporary permits while applications are pending, in order to minimize the potential for rejection by the New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA)
- Working directly with NYSLA investigators to clarify or augment information to sustain the progress of a pending application
- Representing clients at community board meetings and SLA hearings
- Securing NYSLA approval for physical modifications or management/ownership changes at a licensed business
- Securing permits for clients holding off-site events
- Obtaining declaratory rulings on new business models
Keeping a liquor license can be just as challenging as acquiring one. SRC helps ensure that our clients comply with all of NYSLA’s Alcoholic Beverage Control Laws and regulations while offering reliable assistance when they respond to licensing queries. If a client is ever charged with violations, we are familiar with the substance and subtleties of representing them before the NYSLA.