In late November, Governor Kathy Hochul announced several new administration appointments, including:
- Jeffrey H. Pearlman as Special Counsel to the Governor: Mr. Pearlman most recently served as the Director of the Authorities Budget Office. He has previously served in government as Chief of State of then-Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul, Chief of State to the New York State Democratic Conference, Assistant Counsel to Governor David Paterson, and a staff person in both the New York State Assembly and New York State Senate. Outside of government, Mr. Pearlman has previously served as Of Counsel at law firm Greenberg Traurig.
- Micah Lasher as Director of Policy: Mr. Lasher has served in various roles in the public, private and nonprofit sectors, including as Head of Policy & Communications for Sidewalk Labs, Chief of Staff in the Office of the New York State Attorney General, Director of State Legislative Affairs for New York City, Executive Director of External Affairs for the New York City Department of Education, an aide to Congressman Jerry Nadler. Mr. Lasher was also a founding member of SKDKnickerbocker, a communications consulting firm.
- Lonnie T. Threatte as Deputy Director of Policy: Most recently, Threatte served as Assistant Deputy Director of the New York State Senate Office of Program and Counsel. Previously, he has served as Vice President of External Affairs for the Higher Education Services Corporate and as Assistant Deputy Secretary for Education in the Governor’s Office. Threatte’s career began with the New York State Assembly Ways & Means Committee where he began as an analyst and grew to the role of Deputy Director of Budget Studies.
- Chatodd Floyd as Deputy Secretary for Legislative Affairs & Policy: Mr. Floyd most recently served as the Director of Legislative Affairs in the Governor’s Office. Previously, he has served as Deputy Chief of Staff for the New York City Mayor’s Office. He has also served as a Legislative Budget Analst for the Assembly Ways & Means Committee, and Mr. Floyd’s career began as a Legislative Fellow for former State Senator Ruth Hassell-Thompson.
- Veronica Ng as Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs: Prior to being appointed Secretary for Legislative Affairs, Ms. Ng served as a Lead Consultant at The Parkside Group, where she helped the New York State Senate gain a supermajority. Previously, she served as Director of External Affairs for then-Lieutenant Governor Hochul, as Communications Director for then-Council Member Mark Weprin, and worked in external relations for the State Democratic Conference.
- Sandra Rivera, Esq. as Senior Advisor for Legislative Affairs: Ms. Rivera previously worked in private practice, and most recently served as Principal at her own firm, Rivera Law, PLLC. She has also held a variety of leadership roles at the New York State Bar Association, and was Chair of the Board of Family Planning Advocates of New York State. Ms. Rivera’s career began as a Legislative Associate in the New York State Assembly Majority Leader’s Office.
- Rhay Guillen as Director of Legislative Affairs: Previously, Mr. Guillen served as Senior Advisor for Legislative Affairs at the New York Executive Chamber. He has also served as Deputy Secretary for Intergovernmental Affairs to New York State Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, as a Regional Coordinator for the New York State Assembly Office of Communications and Information Services, and as a Coordinator for the Democratic Assembly Campaign Committee.
- Matthew Pennello as Director of Cabinet Affairs: Mr. Pennello most recently served as Director of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs for the NYS Department of Taxation & Finance. Previously, he has served as Special Assistant to the Governor for Legislative Affairs, Regional Representative for Mohawk Valley, Assistant Director for Central New York Intergovernmental Affairs with the NYS Department of Labor, and as a Policy Advisor for the City of Syracuse.