M.Tracey Brooks is a distinguished advocate and government affairs attorney with more than 20 years of experience at the state and federal levels as a lawyer, executive, advocate, and non-profit leader.
Tracey serves as General Counsel for the Firm and has quickly become an integral part of the Government Affairs practice and the Firm overall.
Tracey has worked with clients and constituents on a range of issues from health care to economic development, marijuana issues – both medical and recreations, racing & wagering to union matters, local government to non-profit governance and compliance. Tracey leads the Firm’s healthcare practice and has extensive knowledge of the State’s health care laws and regulations. She is adept at navigating the intricacies of the state government legislative process. Tracey is also able to assist clients with obtianing MWBE certification in New York State.
For almost a decade,Tracey was the President and CEO of Planned Parenthood and Family Planning Advocates of New York State. Her work with these non-profit statewide organizations was dedicated to protecting and expanding access to a full range of reproductive health services. She led member family planning clinics and dozens of sister organizations, as well as thousands of individual members across the state.
Tracey’s government affairs experience is also derived from her work as a regional director for former Senator Hillary Clinton and Counsel to the New York State Assembly Judiciary and Codes Committee. She previously ran for New York State Assembly (2002) and Congress (2008).
Most recently, Ms. Brooks was a partner with the government affairs firm of Featherstonhaugh, Wiley & Clyne.
- New York
Memberships & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Center for Economic Growth Board
- Kate Stoneman Committee of Albany Law School
- Albany Law School Union University
- LeMoyne College, B.A.
Personal and Community Service
Tracey has served on a number of nonprofit boards including her current service:
- Director for the Eleanor’s Legacy, NY
- Director for the Tech Valley High School Foundation Board;Treasurer and Secretary
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Government Law Center of Albany Law School; Committee Chair
- 2019 Candidate for the Man & Woman of the Year Leukemia Lymphoma Society of Upstate New York/Vermont Chapter
- CYO Basketball